Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm starting to like the taste of powdered milk.
Antelope kinda tastes like Limburger cheese.
I ate manioc the other day and didn't mind it.
Always, I mean always, wear sunscreen.
Don't let the mosquito net touch your skin at night. They can bite through.

Interesting...

This week went so fast. We went to the clinic where they are planning on having a rehab center one day. We cleaned that out. We went another day to CFTAC and almost finished digging a huge hole for a septic tank. There was also a mobile clinic or two this week. Other than that I dont remember much of this week haha.

Yesterday we needed a day to rest and spent it on the sweetest beach Ive ever been on, called Santa Clara.Today we spent the first few hours at Nzeng Ayong, an alliance church. It was nice, yet all in french and two and a half hours long.

A friend of mine from last summer, Lionel, stopped in for a while this afternoon. Its funny how just a few day we spent with him last summer made an impact on him. He showed me a video he made from pics of that trip. You can tell that he really loved when we were here last.

Recently I noticed that I have gotten comfortable here. My desire to do my devotions isnt what it should be. I feel like I have been attacked in small ways such as that. I had a cold last week, a possible ear infection this week, and now have moved to being comfortable with not meeting intimately with God everyday. Its interesting how Satan works.

The very first night of this trip, it was like God handed me Psalm 33. Then during training our speaker, Jason Ostander, spoke on finding out orientation in God alone, and used Psalm 33. So far this has been the scripture I have had to run to time and time again throughout this trip, and will continue to need it. Read it for yourself. Its good.

Tomorrow night we're invited to someones house for 'porkypig,' which is porky pine. This will be interesting...

3 comments:

  1. haha porkypig!! how was it??

    yes, satan is very sneaky how he works...not all attacks are outright.... some are just distractions. enough to get us off track. glad you atleast recognize that!

    i felt the same way on the island of roatan that you probably felt yesterday. it was something you dream of seeing but never thinking you will actually experience!so glad this is all part of the trip!

    love and prayers!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i SO prefer your dad's version of porkeypig. this year's was beyond expectation...he improves with age apparently. you have to wonder what would possess the first person to attempt to eat a porcupine....surely it must be a fabulous piece of meat to go to all the trouble of cutting yourself up just to get to the good stuff! was it??? side of bananas? manioc? red stuff? green stuff?
    keep your head where it is, recognizing the sneaky attempts the enemy is performing to take your eyes off your mission and just give you a great experience. Run for cover with your Bible- even when you don't feel like it...it'll clear your mind out and refocus you.
    Enjoy the week ahead!!! Eat a hearty helping of maniyuck---scuse me, maniok-- for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always frustrated when Satan gets ahold on the little things in my life. Realizing the fact that he is trying to creep into your life is a good thing. Pray that God will protect you and keep your eyes on Him. Don't forget that God is so much stronger than even Satan's most powerful attack.
    I love you Drew!!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete